Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Harvest

This batch is from my pumpkin patch. 8 of the we be little pumpkins are on my kitchen counter. The front right pumpkin is 18 pounds. All the pumpkins get a bleach water bath to help prevent rot. The last 2 pumpkins in the patch are a tear drop shape. The tear drop pumpkins are half way between green and orange.

The head for our scarecrow arrived from Funkin on Monday. Face is taped out. Sneak peek of scarecrow in progress. On the to do list the head needs carving, more tatters added to wardrobe, and then lighting.

3 comments:

Justine’s Halloween said...

What a harvest! Great job! I've heard about the bleach trick for preserving pumpkins, but I haven't tried it yet.

Vintage Seance said...

I love these pumpkins, they looks great! I hope to have a pumpkin patch of my own someday :)

Lisa said...

I love that you left the dried up vines on them. That looks really cool!

Plans and Radio Show

Taking photos of the faux pumpkins that haven't been carved. Picking them up at post Halloween sales, Goodwill, and garage sales. Ge...