Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flaming Pumpkin

This little gem the Ichabod Flame was found at Lowes. My husband found one earlier in the day and told me about it. Went back for it and it was gone. He was on a quest the next day grabbing the very last one in the next town.

Its made by Southern Halloween and stands 13 inches tall. Made from a resin type material it is heavy and has a flame effects box to create the illusion. My assumption is this bad boy is rare and hard to get your hands on. The sound you hear in the background is not the pumpkin its my cat walking on the packing materials.

7 comments:

Adam Hazlett said...

that Is AWESOME!!!

Adam Hazlett said...

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to score one of the two they had at our Lowes!!!!

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Yay! I am so happy for you. We have ours running on the first day of fall making the living room look cheery!

Adam Hazlett said...

UPDATE: Just wanted to report that the burning pumpkin was a real hit on Halloween night. I set it out on the porch for the trick-or-treaters and several asked if it was real fire...several adults voiced their amazement too. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention, I love it!

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Tikimoose,

You are most welcome. We love it so much its staying in front of the fireplace year round. :0 )

Unknown said...

Ive been looking for this pumpkin for sometime now. I missed out on them at lowes. Can anyone please help me find one?

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Ross,

I sent email to the company listed and didn't get a response. Maybe you will have better luck. It was a very limited run with only 2 or 3 per store and seasonal. They have a very primitive construction not built like mass produced items. Best bet would be to haunt Lowe's as fall stuff comes in and hope they come back this year. I haven't seen one on ebay either. If I see one this fall there will be a blog entry. Happy Hunting!

Plans and Radio Show

Taking photos of the faux pumpkins that haven't been carved. Picking them up at post Halloween sales, Goodwill, and garage sales. Ge...