Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Last nights carving project. Mr. Halloween carved an amazing skull on the front of his pumpkin. My pumpkin right end is afraid of the skull and the little guy in the middle isn't sure but might be warming to the skull. This batch was grown, from the same seeds, in the garden and each was so different on the inside.

An apple pie caramel apple helped give us strength to work. Caramel apples for tonight include one dipped in dark chocolate and almonds. The other is triple drizzled in white, milk, and dark chocolate! More photos later. Have a magical Halloween!

4 comments:

Justine’s Halloween said...

Wow! Great job on those pumpkins! And it makes it more special that you grew them yourself. That skull is amazing. So did you guys make your own caramel apples? I tried that once with some pretty weird results! Have a very Happy Halloween! :)

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Justine,

We have an excellent candy store that makes them. Just had the dark chocolate almond caramel apple and it was delicious! It really is a skill and better assembly line. I trust the professionals. :o )
Happy Halloween!

Justine’s Halloween said...

Ooooh.... Dark chocolate almond sounds like my kind of caramel apple! I certainly would trust the professionals with this treat. I ended up with a stringy sort of situation when I tried to make one. Looking back, I maybe should have added more ingredients to the caramel. Anyway, I hope to try a caramel apple like the one you described some day!

Lady M said...

Your pumpkins are so cute!

Plans and Radio Show

Taking photos of the faux pumpkins that haven't been carved. Picking them up at post Halloween sales, Goodwill, and garage sales. Ge...