Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October

The halloween Tree is up! New tea lights with a timer. The brand is youngerbaby 24 pcs flameless amber tea lights and they sell on Amazon for $11.99 a set. One of the best investments for Halloween! I used to turn on all 24 candles by hand in the tiny lanterns.

We have lights and we have Funkins ready to go. Forgot about all the triple A batteries needed to power the new pumpkin lights. Fingers crossed the pumpkins could be up on Friday night.

Running behind. Washing the porch tomorrow and then the light strings and decor will start going up!

5 comments:

Lady M said...

It looks beautiful. What a time saver. I know when I do a full haunt, it takes ages to light it and I always forget something. I hope your back is feeling better and that it survives "washing the porch".

Caffeinated Joe said...

Wonderful tree! I sort of had issues with Halloween trees that were just black Christmas trees, but you did it right! Love it.

Emma said...

The tree looks great!

BooSwain said...

Timer tealights are one of those best-thing-since-sliced-bread items to come along. For a long time I refused to use battery-operated lights; I'm a traditionalist and much prefer real candles but I have so many lanterns, votive holders, etc., that I light up as part of Hallowe'en that I was getting nervy about fire hazards. So now it's a combo of real and fake. I'll still use candles when I deem it safe but these days the timer tealights way outnumber the candles. And what a boon it is not to have to go around the house at bedtime turning off all of them (which for me would take a very long time). I buy the little coin batteries by the hundred!

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Booswain,

Yes, I invested in some larger remote control Luminara candles with the faux moving flame. They take C batteries and last forever. Sadly, the tea lights in the Luminara line do not last more than a week with coin batteries. Our outdoor Funkins will have a remote control light set that takes 3 triple A so that should last all month. With a 1902 house I can't risk any real flames.

Plans and Radio Show

Taking photos of the faux pumpkins that haven't been carved. Picking them up at post Halloween sales, Goodwill, and garage sales. Ge...