Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gourds a plenty


Corner of Front Porch
Originally uploaded by dragonflydesignstudio

Late to the party this year for decorating. The seasonal display of squash stays up through Thanksgiving. Love the surface texture and plan to save the seeds. Our patch was a failure this year lost to powdery mildew. Going to see if we can hire a tractor to break up the heavy red soil and add amendments. Researching and shopping for mildew resistant seeds in case we have a damp spring in to summer again.

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a lovely, timelessly festive display. When I was little my parent would often get a bale of hay or two to use as part of our Halloween decor on the front porch. I hadn't thought about that in years, thank you for the trip down memory lane.

Thank you as well for sharing more background information on the delightful vintage photograph I used yesterday. I really appreciate you letting me know more about it.


Wishing you a marvelous Halloween season,
Jessica

Plans and Radio Show

Taking photos of the faux pumpkins that haven't been carved. Picking them up at post Halloween sales, Goodwill, and garage sales. Ge...